Images: Former Abia state governor, Orji Uzor Kalu, defects to APC

Former Abia state governor, Orji Uzor Kalu, has
defected to APC. In a statement released
today, Kalu announced his resignation from his
former party, Progressive Peoples Alliance
(PPA), which he founded. He is pictured above
at APC secretariat in Abuja with the party's
National Chairman, John Odigie-Oyegun and
others. See the statement he released party
after the cut.
The letter was made available to the media
yesterday:
“It is with a heavy heart, full of precious
memories, profound appreciation and
goodwill that I write to inform you of my
decision to quit my membership of the
PPA.“As a founding member of the PPA,
in 2006 and a former chairman of the
BoT, I have been fortunate to have
witnessed first hand, the growth of a
party that grew out of the yearning of a
people to challenge their intuition and
their struggle to determine who governs
them and how they should be governed.
“I gave to the PPA and that struggle the
better part of my political life and the
time has come for me to say thank you
for the opportunity to have served a
worthy cause, and to have been your
flag bearer as candidate for the Senate
of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
“I must move on now and as Tennyson
reminds us, Though much has been
taken, much still abides and though we
are not now that strength which in old
days moved earth and heaven, that
which we are, we are; one equal temper
of heroic hearts, made weak by time and
fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek,
to find and not to yield.
And so, today, I officially resign my
membership. Thank you and may God
continue to guide the affairs of the PPA
under your reign as national chairman.’’
PPA which was founded by Kalu in 2006,
produced Chief T. A Orji and Chief Ikedi Ohakim
as governors of Abia and Imo states
respectively in the 2007 polls".
More images below...

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post